Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA is a Post Graduate Diploma offered by Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL), Pune. SCDL is a well-known institute for Distance Learning MBA courses in India. Candidates wishing to enroll in Symbiosis Distance MBA courses must meet the eligibility requirements as well as the other admission criteria. Learn everything you need to know about distance learning MBA courses, including eligibility, fees, course duration, placement, and scope.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Highlights:-
|Program Name||PGDBA (Equivalent to MBA)|
|Duration||2 – 4 years|
|Specializations Offered||Finance, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations, Management Accounting and Customer Relationship Management|
|Exams Scores Accepted||CAT / MAT / XAT / GMAT / Symbiosis PGDBA Entrance Test|
Symbiosis Distance MBA Courses Structure
- The PGDBA programme at SCDL is divided into four semesters. The first and second semesters each have five subjects, while the third and fourth semesters each have four and three subjects.
- The first two semesters are the same for all students, regardless of specialization.
- Students study subjects related to their chosen specialization in the third and fourth semesters.
- The course structure of the Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDBA) programme is shown below.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Production or Operations Management||Compulsory Subject 1||Compulsory Subject 1|
|Business Law||Management Information Systems||Compulsory Subject 2||Compulsory Subject 2|
|Management Accounting||Human Resource Management||Compulsory Subject 3||Compulsory Subject 1|
|Managerial Economics||Financial Management||Compulsory Subject 4|
|Organizational Behavior||Marketing Management|
- Students who successfully complete all four semesters will be awarded a postgraduate diploma in business administration.
Students who have completed two semesters but are unable to complete all four semesters due to unavoidable circumstances will be eligible for a management diploma.
- These students must submit a specific application to SCDL in order to opt out of the PGDBA Program during the PGDBA registration validity period.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Admission Procedure – How to Apply?
The Symbiosis distance learning MBA admissions process is straightforward. To apply for the Symbiosis distance MBA programme, you must complete several steps.
These steps for taking admission in Symbiosis distance MBA program are listed below: –
- The first step is to obtain a prospectus and application form. There are three approaches. You can buy it online from the Symbiosis website, get a hard copy from the campus in Pune, or get it from selected HDFC bank branches. The SCDL website has information on these branches. The cost of the online form is Rs 1500. Prospectuses can also be obtained by post for Rs 1500.
- Complete your form and submit it online. Send your hard copy to the Symbiosis Pune campus along with a Rs. 1500 registration fee.
- Students who have not taken any of the State Level or equivalent entrance tests at the State or National Level must pass the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test for the PGDBA course after submitting their application.
- You can pay the full course fee or split it into two instalments at the time of admission. It must be paid in conjunction with your Registration Form. If you have chosen to pay it in two instalments, the deadline for the second instalment is November 15th.
- *Students must pay a separate entrance test fee in order to take the SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test.
- The registration fee for SAARC students is US$ 100, and the fee for international students is US$ 100.
Documents to be submitted in conjunction with the Registration Form
• Academic documents that have been duly attested by a Class One Gazetted officer or notarised by a Notary.
• Provide documentation of work experience (if any).
• Provide documentation proving the name change (if any).
• Two passport-sized photographs
• Photo identification proof.
• A copy of his/her valid MBA/ MMS-CET/G-MAT/CAT/MAT/ATMA/ XAT/C-MAT or equivalent entrance test scorecard.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Courses Fee Structure 2022
You can pay your fee in full or in two instalments. The fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
The fee structure for Symbiosis distance learning MBA 2022 is listed below. The total cost of the Symbiosis distance MBA programme is Rs. 46000/-. The fee can also be paid in two instalments. The first instalment of Rs. 31000/- is due when you apply for admission, and the second instalment of Rs. 20000/- can be paid later.
The SCDL distance MBA fee structure is detailed below.
|Category||Option 1||Option 2 – Installment Mode|
|One Time Payment||1st Installment||2nd Installment|
|General||Rs. 46,000/-||Rs. 31,000/-||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Defence||Rs. 43,000/-||Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 17,000/-|
|International||USD $2400||US$ 1600||US$ 1100|
|SAARC||USD $1300||US$ 900||US$ 600|
Fees can be paid online or in cash at the Symbiosis Pune Campus. You can also pay by Demand Draft made out to “The Director S.C.D.L., Pune” and made payable in Pune.
Note: The exam fee is not included in the above-mentioned fee. SCDL students must pay exam fees separately for each exam they take.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
The following are the admission requirements for the Symbiosis distance learning MBA programme.
• A degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
• International/SAARC graduate from a recognized/accredited university or institution.
• Students in their final year are also eligible to apply.
• Students who have a valid score in any of the State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ C-MAT/ G-MAT/ CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent State or National level entrance tests. It must be valid for the current academic year OR for students who have passed the SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Exam.
The length of this course is two years. Despite the fact that your registration will be valid for four years.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Placement
Symbiosis distance MBA is a well-known and respected distance learning MBA programme in the corporate world. Students from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) are employed by top companies such as
- SBI General Insurance
- Bosch Ltd
- Reliance Retail
- HDFC Bank
- Wipro BPO
- Mercedes Benz
Symbiosis maintains positive relationships with business and industry. This assists them in placing their students with top companies. They also receive a competitive salary package upon completion of the Symbiosis distance MBA programme.