JAGDISH SHETH SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (formerly known as IFIM Business School )Bangalore or the Institute of Finance and International Management) is a highly reputed business school based in India. Founded in 1995, it is located in Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India. It’s in Electronic City, one of India’s most important industrial locations. This institute is an AICTE-approved, ISO-certified institution and is promoted through the Dalal Street Investment Journal Group. Only 5% of business schools are recognized worldwide, with AACSB accreditation. The B-School Bangalore is one of the top 6 AACSB accredited business schools in India.
Jagdish Sheth School of Management Highlights
|Year of establishment||1995|
|Recognised by||AICTE, AACSB, NAAC ‘A’ and SAQS|
|Campus size||2 acre|
|College rankings (2020)||
Ranked 35 for MBA by Composite Rank
Ranked 37 for MBA by BW Business World
|Modes of education||Full-time and Part-time*|
|Accepted exams||XAT, GMAT, CAT
|Number of courses offered||7 courses across 3 streams|
|Types of scholarships||3|
|Salary offered (2020)
|Rs 10.20 LPA
Rs 16.5 LPA
Darden Business School (University of Virginia)
McCombs Business School (University of Texas at Austin)
|Application mode||Online and Offline|
Jagdish Sheth School of Management Admissions
Jagdish Sheth School of Management (formerly IFIM Business School) offers admissions to UG and PGDM (General) full-time BBA courses equivalent to MBA in different specializations along with a PG level Executive PGDM course. These courses are offered to regular and working professionals in both full-time and part-time modes. The Institute also offers a PhD Management programme in recognition of the VTU.
Below are important details of the JAGSOM admission process that the applicant must be aware of:
- The application process for JAGSOM is online and offline. The application fee is Rs 2000 for the courses (for both online and offline application)
- All aspiring candidates must be a graduate of a recognized university.
- The duration of JAGSOM’s PGDM (General) and EPGDM courses are 2 years and 15 months, respectively.
- Admission to PGDM (General) is granted on the basis of scores acquired in qualifying examinations such as CAT/XAT/GMAT, whereas admission to Executive PGDM is granted on the basis of merit and work experience accompanied by a personal interview.
- Final selection depends on the performance of applicants (Innovation Ability Test (IPT), Group Exercise (GE), PI, Academics and Work Experience) (WE)
JAGSOM Bangalore MBA Admission 2021
|Course Fee||Indian Students – INR 9,15,000
NRI/Foreign Nationals – US $ 15000
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Selection Criteria||CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT score, Academic Record and PI.|
Eligibility- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50 % marks (45 % for SC/ST candidates) to apply for an MBA course.
Jagdish Sheth School Of Management MBA Selection Criteria
The selection of students for the MBA course is done as follows:
- IFIM shortlist candidates based on the CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT score.
- For the PI round, the shortlisted candidates are then invited.
- The final selection depends on the above entrance exams, academic record, and PI results.
- The college informs by email all the selected candidates.
Jagdish Sheth School of Management Courses
Courses are versatile and contemporary, formed according to business requirements, professional requirements. The institution’s curriculum is not stagnant as it is often changed by the institution’s running body. The duration of PGDM and EPGDM is 2 years and 15 months. Students may choose multiple major subjects and it also provides programmes of communication and professional development. IFIM offers PGDM courses for Working Professionals in PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma In Management), Data Sciences. It also provides programmes for managerial advancement and distance learning in
- PGDM IN MARKETING
- PGDM IN HUMAN RESOURCE
- PGDM IN FINANCE MANAGEMENT
IFIM Business School Fees Structure
The IFIM Fee Structure is very flexible for the convenience of the students and made in accordance with the trending industry policies. Provisions such as installments, scholarship, loans are all amalgamated in the fee structure. At the time of admission, students need to pay processing fees and pre-foundation fees for online resources, all of which are non-refundable. With PGDM. The hostel fees must be paid separately, but the expenses of international exchange programs such as tuition fees and boarding travel can be added to the structure of the academic fee.
IFIM Business School Placement
For years, the institution has been a trendsetter in educating students to adapt to the corporate environment. Thus, the record of placements is strong and effective. The salary package provided by the recruiters shows a constant increase over the years. The average package offered in the batch of 2017-2019 was 7.5 lacs. The institution has given a separate placement department to execute the responsibilities with regard to the responsibilities.
IFIM College Facilities
- Library: The library is well-equipped with a wide reading room, reference section, incubation of study, stacks and digital library, etc. The institute also has services from the E-library facility and online material is commonly used by the faculty in the dissemination of information to improve the learning experience in the classroom.
- Canteen: The college has a cafeteria with a capacity of 150 seats and a common room for students with lounge facilities.
- Auditorium: The seating capacity of the auditorium is 200 people. The auditorium is fully air-conditioned, with well-planned acoustics and an overhead LCD projection projector.
- Sports Facilities: The school also provides students with indoor and outdoor sports facilities. For the improvement of their physical and mental wellbeing, the college encourages students to take part in sporting activities.
- Transportation: The college has arranged bus transport to move between the hostel and the college. This helps students utilise their time extensively.